Documents generated by the Weagree Wizard can be enriched with pictures. An administrator can upload and organise pictures and then directly insert them into a template, its headers and footers or its cover page. During the questionnaire, users may also be allowed to add pictures to particular parts of any contract.
A. UPLOADING AND ORGANISING PICTURES
There are two ways to upload and organise your organisation’s picture repository for use in templates: via the Administrator page or from within the Template Creation Tool.
1. Administrator page
On the Administrator page, the picture repository is located under Global lists and items > Pictures.
To add a picture:
a. Click Insert.
b. Insert a name for the picture.
c. Drag-and-drop the file to the Picture field, or click on the field to browse your computer or network for the file.
d. Click Save.
To change a previously uploaded picture’s name:
e. Click on the picture’s name.
f. Edit its name.
g. Click Save.
To delete one or more pictures:
h. Tick the checkboxes of the pictures you want to delete.
i. Click Delete.
Note: these pictures are library items, meaning they can be used in multiple templates simultaneously. Be sure that any picture can be safely removed everywhere before you delete it.
2. Template Creation Tool
In the Template Creation Tool, you can organise pictures in the same way as on the Administrator page. This requires opening a pop-up:
a. Switch the Show advanced vs. all basic functionalities toggle to the ON position.
b. Click Organise the pictures.
B. INSERTING A PICTURE INTO A TEMPLATE OR COVER PAGE
Pictures can be placed in any building block, clause (therefore also in global building blocks and clauses) or choice option. They can be precisely positioned relative to the text or to the overall page and scaled to any size fitting the page. This is done in the Template Creation Tool.
1. Select the item in the template outline (building block, clause or choice option) where the picture must be inserted.
2. Switch the Show advanced vs. all basic functionalities toggle to the ON position.
3. Click Insert a picture.
4. Open the Positioning subtab and make any adjustments in positioning, wrapping and scaling that may be necessary.
Note: these settings operate in the same manner as in Word. If you are unsure what settings to use, try the following. Generate a document, open it in Word and manually insert the picture there. With the picture selected, right-click on it and then choose Size and position from the context menu. You can use the Layout pop-up that appears for fine-tuning the image. Once you are happy with how it looks, copy the Size and position settings over to the Weagree Wizard.
5. Return to the Picture library subtab and select one of the previously uploaded pictures. The corresponding image tag with modifiers for its position (if any) will be inserted into the text.
6. Click Save the changes made.
A tag will be inserted into the previously selected template or cover page component, containing the picture’s file name and any modifiers from the Positioning subtab.
You can of course create and then use picture tags in (global) questions and lookup tables, in order to make their insertion conditional.
C. INSERTING A PICTURE INTO A CONTRACT
A question can be added to the questionnaire, prompting the user to upload a picture. That picture will then appear in the document (and in the questionnaire’s WYSIWYG view) at the location of the question/image tag.
Again, this is done in the Template Creation Tool. Steps 1 through 4 as described in section B above apply here as well. After step 4:
1. Return to the Picture library subtab and insert a question name.
2. Click Insert. The pop-up Modify the Questionnaire elements will appear.
3. Fill in the pop-up as necessary.
4. Click Save & close.
D. INSERTING A PICTURE INTO A HEADER OR FOOTER
Pictures can be placed directly inside headers and footers in much the same way as in templates and cover pages. In the house style editor:
1. Click on the header’s or footer’s pencil icon. A pop-up will appear.
2. Either click Insert a picture to select a picture and modify its positioning, size and wrapping as described in section B above…
3. …or click on the text field and manually insert (paste) a picture tag first created in the Template Creation Tool, or a global question tag that will insert such a tag.
4. Click Save.