An important part of the contract house style selected for any given Weagree template are the headers and footers. This tutorial will explain how to configure them.
On the Administrator page, open the Contract automation item and navigate to Contract house styles.
1. To modify a house style, click its pen icon.
2. Select a document section by clicking the appropriate subtab of the house style editor.
Note: if you do not wish headers or footers to appear in any particular document section, such as the cover page, you may leave its fields blank.
3. For any section other than the cover page and insofar as applicable, choose whether page numbering will start at 1 for that section, or whether it will continue from the previous section.
4. Select the desired page number format (if any).
5. Select the desired style for the header or footer.
Note: ordinarily, there will be no reason to use any other than the default style. Only change it when you specifically want different formatting that cannot be accomplished via the house style settings, for example in the case of line spacing. Be aware that each style is defined in a dotx-file (Word template). Because house style selection is independent from dotx-file selection, changing the choice of style here may mean that multiple dotx-files will need to be edited. For further information on dotx-files, click here.
6. Edit a header or footer by clicking its pen icon.
7. After clicking the pen icon, a pop-up will appear. Click inside its large input field to use the WYSIWYG text editor. From left to right, the following buttons will appear at the top of the field:
a. Maximize. Click to make the field fill the entire pop-up. Click again to reset.
b. Bold, Italics, Underlined.
c. Remove format. Remove all formatting for the selected text.
d. Font size.
e. Undo, Redo. Undo or redo your last changes.
f. Cut, Copy, Paste. Several paste options are available, which affect how much formatting data (if any) from the original text will be retained. Certain data, such as certain HTML code, will automatically be filtered out regardless.
g. Table. Insert a basic table. It can be manually tweaked after insertion.
h. Source. Display the header or footer in HTML code. For security reasons, there are restrictions on what code may be used here. For more information on the HTML editor, click here.
8. Click the magnifier icon to insert standard tags (e.g. [DocumentTitle] or [pagenumber]) or phrase tags. For more information on phrase tags, click here.
Note: global question tags can also be used here. There are a few limitations to this, however. Firstly, headers and footers are not part of the questionnaire. This means that global questions tagged in headers or footers will not be triggered in the questionnaire. Consequently, they must also appear in the Weagree template. After completing the questionnaire, the user’s input will be applied to the global questions tagged in headers or footers. Secondly, only the actual global question tags can be used here. Choice trees as they might appear in a Weagree template are not supported. Global choice questions can still be tagged, but they will only have any effect if the Replaceable text fields of their answer options contain any text (for more information on this, click here).
9. Click the camera icon to insert a picture. For more information on using pictures, click here.
10. Click Save once you are satisfied with the changes to the header or footer.
11. To save any changes regarding numbering, page number format or style, click Save as…
12. To overwrite existing house style settings, select the applicable style from Current style name (it will default to the style you’ve selected at step 1). Otherwise, click As a new Style and insert a name for the new house style you want to create.
13. Click Save.