Contract drafting - online book
Online book: Drafting contracts. Effective contracts are drafted in accordance with generally accepted drafting principles. These principles are reflected in a book written by Willem Wiggers.
The entire book is freely available here. Or go straight to those topics of your immediate interest:
- General principles of writing contracts
- Matters of style and legal culture
- Main contract outline (the building blocks of a contract)
- Structuring the transaction documents
- The presentation, look & feel of contracts
- Typical drafting habits and legalese
- Definitions and contract-interpretation clauses
- Particular types of clauses (e.g. conditions, covenants, representations and warranties, limitations of liability and indemnity, confidentiality)
- Contract assembly software (implementation, preparations)
LinkedIn group. We have founded and moderate the LinkedIn group Drafting contracts. With 45,000+ members from over 170 countries, this is a rich source of best practices on international contracts and cross-border contracting generally. Because we moderate the group, you will not find advertisements or newsletter-announcement. The quality of discussions in the community is very high.