During my study in Utrecht, I was a member of Veritas. It was an incredibly lively period. My entire student life was one flow of creativity and parties.
To escape this hectic life, a friend of mine on the Veritas board found her zen in ironing the mensa’s tablecloth; distracted in the basement of the building, doing boring work.
In contracting, liveliness is in other aspects. No need to seek distraction from boring work. The least hectic part of contracting includes clicking through SharePoint folders to save a contract file or version in the right folder. It is not zen.
Commercial contracting is for juniors
In commercial contracting, there are many repetitive tasks. Repetition is in the contract logistics and in the type of discussions with your counterpart. Is it this repetition that makes it suitable for juniors? Why not make contract logistics zen?
During my three years as interim legal counsel, I did a lot of commercial contracts work. It turned my flow of creativity into focusing on accelerating contracting processes. In all respects. (Ideally, until neither junior nor senior legal counsel is needed.)
Contracting logistics are abundant
Weagree automates every step of the contract lifecycle; end-to-end contracting, fully automating all the logistics:
- You don’t have to copy-paste someone else’s input: but collaborate.
- You don’t have to draft corporate policies time and again.
- You don’t have to copy-paste data from other IT systems: data syncs automatically.
- You don’t have to click through folders, to save a contract version, a compare version, or bring all contract files together (Weagree is a document management solution)
- If business decisions require consideration by senior managers, you don’t have to be concerned about involving them timely: approval workflows must be triggered automatically.
- You don’t have to track others’ to-do lists: tasks are created automatically.
- E-signing to be initiated (almost) automatically: no typing in of names or data.
- You don’t have to re-read a contract to collect contract data and register it.
Without automation, these logistics are not zen. They cost a lot of time.
Zen is when legal counsel can sleep, reflecting on the challenging aspects of a transaction. Thinking of their times in a basement, ironing tablecloth. You’re losing more time than you think on the logistics of a contract.
Weagree is zen: accelerating contract flow by automating all logistics from start to finish. To help you measure and justify more zen and more time to reflect, Weagree has developed a tool to calculate your time lost in logistics. It is a nice tool.
If you wish to talk about it or are interested in measuring your lost time, please feel free to contact us.