The Weagree Wizard’s tooling makes managing individual users easy. This tutorial explains how to search for users, activate and deactivate users, create and edit users and perform several other user-specific actions.
Start by opening the Administrator page and navigating to Users and licence > Users.
A. SEARCHING FOR USERS
Several tools are available to either locate any particular user or verify that no such user exists. The general Search field is always visible on the Users page. You may insert complete or partial (user) names there.
Various search filters exist to narrow down the results. You can access these by clicking Advanced search:
1. Role: the basic set of user rights. These will be licence-dependent. For more information on user roles, click here.
2. User groups: categories used for determining access to templates (and sometimes entities). A user may belong to multiple user groups. These are not dependent on user roles. For more information on user groups, click here.
3. User profile: category of users that incorporates both the user role and user groups. This determines the full extent of any user’s access rights. For more information on user profiles, click here.
4. Status: user accounts can be active or inactive. It is not possible to login on an inactive account.
5. Created: date of user creation.
6. Login: date of user’s last login.
Note: as elsewhere in the Weagree Wizard, you can save your search settings by clicking Buttonise.
B. ACTIVATING AND DEACTIVATING USERS
User accounts can either have the status ‘active’ (i.e. accessible, ready for use) or the status ‘inactive’ (i.e. not accessible).
By default, every manually created user is set to active. This means that the account is ready to be used. However, accounts may not always be immediately activated (see the next section) and you will therefore have to do so after user creation.
Conversely, if a user will be leaving the company, transferred to a different department or otherwise no longer in need of a Weagree Wizard account, you may want to deactivate the account. The user will no longer be able to login, but no data will be lost.
Changing a user’s status is easy:
1. Click on the user name.
2. Switch the Active button to either the ON (green) or OFF (grey) position.
3. Click Save.
Note: when deactivating a user, you may want to reassign their contracts to someone else. See section D below.
C. CREATING AND EDITING USERS
Creating a user
If your organisation is not using single sign-on for the Weagree Wizard (click here for more information on setting up a SAML connection and here for an Azure ADFS connection) or permitting users to manually register accounts, you will have to create new users yourself on the Users page.
1. Click Insert to start creating a new user.
2. Insert the user’s personal details and choose a user name. The user name is required to login.
Note: the exact format of the user name does not matter functionally. Be careful however, as the user name cannot be changed once the user has been created.
3. Choose a user profile. This can be changed at any time.
4. Insert the user’s e-mail address.
The following actions are entirely optional, so you may safely proceed to step 11 if you are :
5. Assign the user to one or more additional user groups. The user will be able to access templates in these user groups regardless of the selected user profile.
6. Select a default own party (entity). Any contract this user creates will have this entity as the default party for your organisation.
7. Set an expiration date. The user account will automatically be deactivated on that date.
8. Insert a (mobile) phone number.
9. Select a default legal approver. The selected user will always have to approve the newly created user’s contracts.
Note: this setting predates the current approval workflow functionality, which is much more powerful and flexible. Using both simultaneously may also affect the operation of your workflows. It is therefore strongly recommended that you do not configure a default legal approver, but create a template-specific approval workflow instead. More information on approval workflows can be found here.
10. Decide whether you want the user account to be activated immediately. If not, switch the Active button to the OFF position.
11. Click Save.
Note: immediately after saving, the new user will automatically receive an e-mail prompting them to go to the Weagree Wizard, choose a password and login.
Editing a user
Existing user accounts can be edited by clicking on their user names. Doing so will display the user’s previously saved details and settings. You are free to change any of these except for the user name, which is fixed upon creation of the user. Simply edit any of the fields as described above and then click Save. Two actions in particular may be relevant:
1. Activating or deactivating the user account, as previously outlined.
2. Changing the user profile. A user may come to require more or rather fewer access rights, which typically means that the user should be assigned a different profile. You can open the User profiles item in the navigation on the left to check each profile’s properties and decide which is suitable.
Note: as each user profile is tied to a type of user licence, it’s possible that at some point all licences of that type will be in use. This may prevent you from assigning the desired profile to the user. In that case it may be necessary to rearrange your users (or at least deactivate one or more accounts) or expand your overall licence. For more information on licences, click here.
D. OTHER ACTIONS
In most cases, the above will suffice for your user management purposes. Occasionally, however, the following actions may be useful.
1. To create an Excel sheet of the current user search results, click Export.
2. To completely remove a user account, click on a username and then click Delete. This will not delete the user’s contracts, but they will no longer be assigned to anyone. For this reason, it may be better to either just deactivate the account or first reassign the contracts.
3. To reassign contracts:
a. Click on the user name of the person whose contracts must be reassigned.
b. Click Reassign contracts. The Reassign contracts to the following user pop-up will appear.
c. Select the user to whom the contracts should be assigned.
4. Users can initiate password resets themselves from the login screen. Nevertheless, as an administrator you can at any time do this yourself by selecting a user and clicking on Send password mail.
5. If a particular change must be applied to multiple users, this can be accomplished by selecting those users and then clicking Batch update.
Clicking Batch update will produce a pop-up which lets you change various settings for all selected users simultaneously:
a. Switch one or more buttons beneath Update this one to the ON position to make changes to those particular settings.
b. Change the corresponding settings beneath Value as appropriate.
c. Click Save.